BHSF is a not-for-profit health and wellbeing provider, with origins dating back to 1873. The company offers personal life insurance products, although it largely specialises in employee wellbeing, offering businesses a range of services including occupational health, employee benefits, employee support to health insurances.
BHSF’s Care4 Life Insurance gives your family financial support of up to £20,000 upon the policy holder’s death. Monthly payments are taken via direct debit and cover starts from just £2.00 per month. The policy can be for individuals or couples, and cover is applicable for UK residents up to the age of 69.
Find out more
Over 50s Life Insurance
BHSF does not offer Over 50s life insurance.
Mortgage Life Insurance
BHSF does not offer Mortgage Life Insurance.
Critical Illness Cover
BHSF’s Critical Illness Cover is designed specifically as a Cancer Cover policy, which pays you a cash sum of up to £25,000 if you’re diagnosed with malignant cancer. Cover starts from £4.33 per month; the monthly premiums depend on your age. The policy is applicable for everyone aged 18 to 64 years inclusive at the time of application, and the policy will terminate upon your 75th birthday. You must also be a resident of the UK. You don’t need a medical exam and the company will not factor in any of your family history – even if you’ve got a history of cancer.
Find out more
Whole Life Insurance
BHSF does not offer whole of life insurance.
Income Protection Insurance
BHSF does not offer income protection insurance.
BHSF offers other services including Health Cash Plans, Travel Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance and Will Writing.
BHSF Reviews and Ratings
There are only two online reviews for BHSF so statistical significance is limited. But the comments that have been made praise the company’s customer service and product offering, whilst noting that they were slow to pay out a claim however.
Reviews.co.uk – 4.5/5 (based on 2 reviews)
- A credible not-for-profit health and wellbeing provider, with origins dating back to 1873
- Customer service feedback is good
- Live insurance cover from only £2 per month, which is much cheaper than most other providers
- Medical exams not needed to qualify
- Family history not factored in for critical illness cover – even if you’ve got a history of cancer
- Specialises more in employee wellbeing and businesses services such as occupational health products
- Limited customer reviews and feedback available online
- A small range of insurance products available
- No provision for over 50s, mortgage protection or income protection