Based in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, Dignity Funeral Plans are the largest single operator of crematoriums in the UK, offering four prepaid funeral plans.
The Limited Plan
The Limited Plan draws from a nationwide network of approximately 800 approved funeral directors and includes management of all the funeral logistics, care and preparation of the deceased, a basic coffin, arranging the service, a hearse, a funeral procession from the home,
Total cost £2,895 (monthly £18.73)
The Amber Plan
The Amber Plan includes all the above but with an even larger network of nationwide approved funeral directors. In addition this plan includes a wood coffin and staff will coordinate the collection of flowers, tributes and gifts.
Total cost £3,295 (monthly £20.83)
The Pearl Plan
The Pearl Plan includes all of the above but with a quality wood effect coffin, complementary thank you cards included and anytime weekday viewing of the deceased in a private Chapel of Rest. With this plan the funeral procession will go to a service location before going to the crematorium. One limousine is included for the family to travel in.
Total cost £3,650 (monthly £22.70)
The Diamond Plan
The Diamond Plan is for larger families and includes all of the above but with a quality wood veneer coffin and anytime (including weekends) viewing of the deceased in a private Chapel of Rest. Two limousines are included for the family to travel in.
Total cost £3,895 (monthly £23.99)
Dignity Funeral Plans Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Dignity Funeral Plans are very good on Feefo, with reviewers praising the service as being excellent and very professional, with team members straightforward and very nice to talk to. It has been noted that documentation is well structured with each stage clearly explained in plain English. Reviews on Facebook are less complementary however, with some people experiencing a lack of care and compassion, and complaints about the company operating against the code of practice and ethics.
- A network of over 1,200 owned and approved funeral directors across the UK
- Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Bespoke plans to cater for different requirements and budgets
- Plans include a contribution of £1,220 towards third party costs
- No health or medical checks
- A member of the Funeral Planning Authority
- The first ever organisation in the UK to be accredited the BSI Kitemark™ for Customer Service
- Money is held securely in the National Funeral Trust
- Some complaints about company ethics and lack of compassion
- Funeral plans available to over 50s only
- Third party costs additional
Website: Dignity Funeral Plans