OneFamily is a financial services provider based in Brighton and Hove, Sussex, providing investments, mortgage and insurance products. It is a mutual society and as such has no shareholders; instead it is owned by its 2.6 million members.
OneFamily does not offer life insurance policies.
Over 50s Life Insurance
OneFamily’s over 50s policy helps pay towards the cost of your funeral; the remaining sum from the policy after funeral expenses have been paid will be paid to the estate. The policy, unlike many others, also covers serious and terminal illness benefit as standard, after the policy has been in place for two years. Acceptance is guaranteed without the need for a medical examination, and cover is available to any UK resident between the 50 and 80 years old (subject to sum assured and premium limits). You will not have to pay for your cover once you reach age 90 but your cover will continue for life. You can take out as many policies as you like, provided the total premiums paid do not exceed £75 and the combined sum assured across all policies does not exceed the maximum cover limit of £20,000 (£10,000 for those aged 50-59). Premiums start from £8 per month.
Find out more
Mortgage Life Insurance
OneFamily does not offer mortgage life insurance.
Critical Illness Cover
OneFamily does not offer critical illness cover.
Whole Life Insurance
OneFamily does not offer whole of life insurance.
Income Protection Insurance
OneFamily does not offer income protection insurance.
OneFamily offer a range of investment, mortgage and insurance products including ISAs, mortgages, trust funds, bonds and more.
OneFamily Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for OneFamily are generally very good with 70% of people rating them as excellent. Customer have praised the ease, simplicity and straightforwardness of the process and the company’s helpful staff.
Trust Pilot – 4.2/5 (based on 279 reviews)
- A mutual society with a growing reputation for good business
- 5 Star Defaqto Rating
- Excellent customer reviews and feedback
- Specialists in over 50s life insurance products
- Serious Illness, Terminal Illness and Funeral Funding built in
- A range of investment, mortgage and insurance products also offered
- Acceptance is guaranteed without the need for a medical examination
- An informative website with helpful information and online resources
- A relatively new player in the market
- Specialists in over 50s life insurance cover – most other insurance products not offered
- Premiums from £8 per month
- A few reports of poor customer experiences and policies not paying out what the customer thought it would