Located in Chelmsford, Aberdeen Standard Investments is dedicated to helping investors around the world reach their desired investment goals and broaden their financial horizons. The company has a global presence across 80 countries, managing a total of £455.6bn of assets on behalf of governments, pension funds, insurers, companies, charities, foundations and individuals.
Stock & Shares ISA
Aberdeen Standard’s Stock & Shares ISA is a tax-efficient investment account that lets you put your money into cash and/or different types of investments. Because these investments sit within your tax-efficient Stocks & Shares ISA wrapper, you do not have to pay capital gains tax on profits arising from your stocks and shares investments.
In addition, there is no tax on dividend income from shares or interest paid on bonds. You can invest in a range of different type of investments including, unit trusts, Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs), investment trusts and corporate or government bond funds. The maximum allocation each tax year is £20,000. To qualify you must be a UK resident and aged 18 years or over.
The company offers a full range of financial and wealth management solutions including span equities, multi-asset, fixed income, liquidity, sovereign wealth funds, real estate, private markets and more.
Aberdeen Standard Reviews and Ratings
There are few online reviews for Aberdeen Standard. Opinion towards the company is fairly mixed; whereas some people have had a decent experience dealing with the company, others have complained about the poor customer service.
Trustpilot – 2.1/5 (based on 16 reviews)
- A large global company with a strong reputation
- Asset management on behalf of governments, pension funds, insurers, companies, charities, foundations and individuals
- Specialist Stock & Shares ISA offering
- Opportunities to invest in a range of different type of investments
- A large range of financial and wealth management solutions
- Fast easy online signup
- Other ISA products not offered
- Limited product detail and information on website
- Lack of downloadable support guides or online tools or resources
- A fairly large website, not particularly plain English
- Some poor customer reviews
- Reports of negative customer experience
Website: Aberdeen Standard