Originally known as Scottish Equitable back in 1831, Aegon has grown to be one of the world’s largest financial service organisations, working with financial professionals, employers and individuals to offer long-term savings, investments, pension solutions and protection products.
Aegon’s ARC (Aegon Retirement Choices) SIPP product offers access to around 4,500 investment options catering for different savings needs from building a savings pot to releasing funds upon retirement. Including a draw-down pension and flexi-access drawdown, choose how much, and when, to take income, and when to draw cash lump sums. You can either sell SIPP assets proportionately or target assets and amount to sell down for uncrystallised funds pension lump sum (UFPLS).
Aegon offer a range of Retirement Planning solutions, Personal and Workplace Pensions, ISAs and Money Advisory Services.
Aegon Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Aegon are quite mixed, with some users complaining about a lack of response and accountability from the company, and others accusing them of poor communication and customer service. Other customers however, think Aegon is an easy company to deal with, offering quick and secure access to the account, regular email updates about any changes, and useful advice on how best to manage the account.
- One of the world’s largest and oldest providers of life insurance
- Useful online resources such as a Retirement Advisory Library, Pensions Technical Zone and Retiready retirement planning service
- Simple transfer process – transfer an old pension to the ARC SIPP
- Multiple award winner including 2019 Best Claims Management / Claims Team award, Cover Protection award, Moneyfacts award, HR Specialist of the Year
- Moneyfacts 5 Star Rating
- Defaqto 5 Star Rating
- Many decent customer reviews and recommendations
- The value of the investment, and any income taken from it, can fall as well as rise and isn’t guaranteed
- Mixed customer reviews, many negative experiences
- A large website with some fairly overwhelming information
- Hard to located transparent pricing and fess