Barclays plc is a British multinational investment bank and financial services company, headquartered in London. Apart from investment banking, Barclays is organised into four core businesses: personal banking, corporate banking, wealth management, and investment management. The company has over 325 years of history and expertise in banking and investments.
Barclay’s SIPP offers access to a wide choice of investments. You’ll receive tax relief at your marginal rate on an Annual Allowance, which for most people is £40,000 or 100% of your earnings. This enables you to invest in a broad range of investments from a range of different providers. SIPP is provided and administered by AJ Bell, an award-winning pension provider.
Barclays has a large range of Banking, Borrowing, ISA and Investment Services, Mortgage Policies and Home and Travel Services.
Barclays Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Barclays are bad with users complaining about shocking customer experiences, poor responsiveness and limited online help. Many customers have been left on hold, waiting to talk to an adviser, for up to 6 hours. Negative reviews have even come from customers who have been loyal to the bank for many years.
- Over 2,000 funds and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), trusts and shares to invest in
- Smart Investor provides access to tools, articles, videos and research to help customers make informed investment decisions
- Pay lump sums into your SIPP, or make regular contributions, whichever suits you best
- Over 2,000 funds and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), investment trusts and shares
- Useful online resources available such as the cover calculator tool
- Handy online jargon buster guide
- Transparent fee structure
- Provided and administered by AJ Bell, an award-winning pension provider
- Savings cannot be accessed until the age of 55
- Very poor online reviews from unhappy customers
- Slow customer service often reported
- Reports that existing customers are also not treated well
- A large fairly overwhelming website, information can be hard to locate