Founded in 1904, Bath Building Society has grown to be a popular savings and investments provider with present-day assets of £292 million.
Bath Building Society’s Cash ISA is a savings account where all of the interest earned is tax free and doesn’t form part of your Personal Savings Allowance. The ISA allowance for the 2020/2021 tax year is £20,000.
Cash ISAs are flexible which means you can withdraw money from the current tax year or previous tax years if you need to, up to a maximum cash withdrawal on demand of £500 per day. The interest rate is variable 0.60% AER. The minimum opening and operating balance £1 and the overall ISA subscription limit for 2020-2021 is £20,000.
Junior Cash ISA
Bath Building Society’s Junior Cash ISA is a tax free account especially for children under 18 years of age. With 2.50% variable AER it is ideal for long term savings. The minimum opening and operating balance £1 and the overall JISA allowance for 2020-2021 is £9,000. No withdrawals are allowed before the child’s 18th birthday.
As well as ISAs, Bath Building Society also specialise in savings accounts and mortgages.
Bath Building Society Reviews and Ratings
There is only one online review at the time of writing – the customer posted on Facebook that they were very happy with application process, which felt personable, and the customer service team kept them up to date throughout and responses were quick.
Facebook – 4/5 (based on 5 review)
- A long-established, reputable organisation
- Personalised service; no call centres
- Active involvement in the local community and local community schemes
- Fast easy online setup
- Competitive interest rates
- Detailed product information on website
- Cash ISAs only
- Stocks and Shares or other ISA offerings not available
- A lack of customer reviews or feedback
- Lengthy product explanations on website are fairly overwhelming
- One of the smaller Building Societies to offer savings products
Website: Bath Building Society