Located in Essex, BMO is a private investor platform that has been managing clients’ money since 1817. It now has over 20 offices in 14 countries worldwide.
BMO Stocks and Shares ISA
BMO’s Stocks and Shares ISA allows you to invest up to £20,000 in the 2020/21 tax year. This tax-efficient investment plan lets you tap into the potential of the stock market to help your investments grow over the long-term.
The ISA acts as a wrapper to hold a range of different investments. The right ISA for you depends on your goals and your attitude towards risk – it offers the opportunity for stronger returns over the long-term, but you should be prepared to take on a higher level or risk. The annual account charge for this ISA is £60 with a dealing charge of 0.2% on sales and purchases.
Stocks and Shares Junior ISA
BMO’s Stocks and Shares Junior ISA allows you to invest on behalf of your child with a current annual limit of £9,000 for the 2020/21 tax year. This tax-efficient investment plan lets you tap into the potential of the stock market to help your child save up for university fees, a house deposit or other life needs.
This award-winning ISA lets you invest from as little as £30 a month or contribute a £500 lump sum up-front.
As well as ISA, BMO offers a range of related financial services including investment accounts, trust funds and more.
BMO Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for BMO are overwhelmingly bad with users complaining about very poor customer service levels, unhelpful staff, slow responsiveness and inept processes.
Trustpilot – 1.2/5 (based on 439 reviews)
- A long established, credible company since 1817
- Experienced fund managers
- Large range of investment trust options
- Access to a diversified and professionally run portfolio of shares
- Option to ‘pool’ via 10 Investment Trusts
- Award-winning Junior ISA: Online Personal Wealth Awards 2020
- Useful online help guides, documents and glossary
- 20 offices in 14 countries worldwide
- Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Assets are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- Fast easy online setup
- Stocks and Shares ISAs only
- Cash ISAs, Lifetime ISAs or other ISA products not offered
- Account fees and dealing charge fees
- Very bad customer reviews
- Multiple reports of poor customer service and inept, uncaring staff