Established in 1762, Brewin Dolphin plc is one of the largest British investment management and financial planning firms with 33 offices throughout the UK, Jersey and Ireland, and is listed on the London FTSE 250.
Brewin Dolphin’s Investment ISA offers you a choice of six ready-made portfolios to choose from at various risk levels. You can start investing from £500 and you will pay no income tax or capital gains tax on your investment returns.
This tax efficiency allows your money to work harder for you, potentially paying out more than a normal cash ISA. This year’s ISA limit is a generous £20,000, or (£40,000 for a married couple).
Junior Investment ISA
Brewin Dolphin’s Junior Investment ISA is a highly tax-efficient way to put money away for your loved ones as you’ll pay no income or capital gains tax on any returns you earn. Money invested could be used to pay for future university fees, your child’s first car or starting on the property ladder.
Start with a lump sum or from as little as just £1. The investment limit is £9,000 for the 2020/21 tax year. Your child gets access to the money as soon as they turn 18.
As well as its Investment ISA, the company offer a range of managed portfolio services, wealth advisory and discretionary fund management services.
Brewin Dolphin Reviews and Ratings
There are very few online reviews for Brewin Dolphin; the ones that exist are fairly uncomplimentary. Customers have noted the untrustworthiness, obstructiveness and unhelpfulness of the staff, as well as the expensive fees and poorly performing investments.
Trustpilot – 2.9/5 (based on 8 reviews)
- A long-established company with a rich history
- A network of 30 offices across the UK, Channel Islands and in the Republic of Ireland
- An award-winning research team, who undertake research across markets, asset classes and individual companies
- Fast easy online setup
- Six investment portfolios to choose from
- Investment options for Juniors
- Useful online investment guides
- Bad customer reviews
- Staff deemed to be untrustworthy, obstructive and unhelpful
- Stocks and Shares ISAs only
- Cash ISAs, Lifetime ISAs or other ISA products not offered
- A lack of product detail and information on the website
Website: Brewin Dolphin