Based in Edinburgh, Capital Credit Union was established in June 1989 and is one of the largest credit unions in the UK, with almost 23,000 members, and assets of £33million. As a financial co-operative, anyone who opens a savings account with the organisation becomes a member of the credit union. Full membership begins at age 16 with junior memberships also available.
Capital Credit Union’s Cash ISA offers tax-free savings at 0.75% interest AER. With this special type of account you don’t pay tax on the interest on your savings, making it a tax-efficient place to grow your money. You can start saving from just £1 and for the 2020/2021 tax year the cash ISA subscription limit is £20,000. To open this Cash ISA you need to be aged 18 or over, a member of Capital Credit Union and a resident in the UK for tax purposes. Capital Credit Union offer free life insurance with this Cash ISA.
As well as Cash ISAs, Capital Credit Union also offer loans, mortgages and savings accounts.
Capital Credit Union Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Capital Credit Union are good with users happy with the customer service they received, and noting that staff are approachable and helpful, providing clear information in a language that can be understood with no banking jargon.
- One of the largest credit unions in the UK with almost 23,000 members
- Free life insurance with this Cash ISA
- Useful online loan calculator and FAQs
- A simple, straightforward clear website
- Fast easy online setup
- Good customer reviews
- Approachable and helpful staff, plain English with no banking jargon
- Cash ISAs only
- Stocks and Shares, Lifetime or Innovative Finance ISA products not offered
- Limited help guides and downloadable content
- Can only apply for a loan after membership of two months
- Full membership does not begin until age 16
Website: Capital Credit Union