Castle and Crystal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial co-operative that provides affordable loans and secure savings for the residents and workers of Dudley Borough and Worcestershire. The Union was established in 1993.
Castle and Crystal Credit Union’s Cash ISA is an instant access tax-free savings plan with a variable interest rate of 1% AER, with interest applied annually. The minimum balance is £1 and the maximum yearly allowance is £20,000. Money can be withdrawn without penalties, and transfer-outs from other ISAs are permitted.
Castle and Crystal Credit Union offer loans and savings accounts.
Castle and Crystal Credit Union Reviews and Ratings
There are very few online reviews for Castle and Crystal Credit Union, these appear on Facebook. Customers speak very favourably about the Union, recommending the services and commenting that the staff are helpful, reliable, good at communicating, and with fast service delivery.
Facebook – 5/5 (based on 4 reviews)
- A membership-based, not-for-profit co-operative
- Surplus profits are awarded to members as dividends on savings
- No withdrawal or transfer penalty fees
- Savings products compare favourably with banks and building societies
- Savings are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- Fast easy online setup
- Minimum balance is just £1
- Excellent customer reviews
- Staff are helpful, reliable, good at communicating, and with fast service delivery
- Only offers Cash ISAs
- Stocks and Shares, Lifetime or Innovative Finance ISA products not offered
- A basic website with limited information
- Services only available for those who live or work within the Dudley borough and County of Worcestershire
- Very few online reviews or product feedback
Website: Castle and Crystal Credit Union