Charles Stanley & Co. Limited is one of the oldest firms on the London Stock Exchange with its origins dating back to a banking partnership established in Sheffield in January 1792. Today, it is one of the UK’s leading wealth management firms providing a range of financial planning and investment management services to national charities, trusts, financial advisers and professional institutes.
Stocks and Shares ISA
With Charles Stanley’s Stocks and Shares ISA you can invest up to £20,000 this year and pay no Income or Capital Gains Tax on returns. This has the potential for higher returns than a Cash ISA over the long term. The ISA is flexible, so you can replace any cash withdrawals during the same tax year without counting towards your annual ISA allowance.
To qualify you must be a UK resident aged 18 or over. You can invest from £50 per month: either choose and manage your own fund to invest in, or utilise Charles Stanley’s specialists who will make investment decision on your behalf.
With Charles Stanley’s Junior ISA you can contribution up to the annual limit of £9,000 and pay no Income or Capital Gains Tax on returns. Children under 18 who are UK residents are eligible and it is easy to set up and transfer an existing Junior ISAs or Child Trust Funds. You can choose to manage your own funds or have the investment decisions made for you. The online client portal is easy to access 24/7.
As well as ISAs, Charles Stanley offer a range of financial planning and investment management services such as SIPPs, tax portfolio services and wealth management.
Charles Stanley Reviews and Ratings
There are very few online reviews for Charles Stanley. In the main, customers are satisfied with the company’s funds platform and helpful staff, but some have expressed disappointment in the availability of their Android App.
Trustpilot – 3.0/5 (based on 8 reviews)
- Established in 1792, one of the oldest firms on the London Stock Exchange
- Direct communication with your investment manager – not a separate relationship manager
- Online client portal gives 24/7 access
- Manage your own investment funds or allow the company’s investment specialists to make the decisions for you
- Bespoke discretionary managed service
- Withdraw your money at any time
- Straightforward to setup, transfer in existing ISAs
- A clear, easy to understand website
- Fast east online setup
- Good customer reviews
- A fast process on a stable funds platform
- Investment ISAs only
- Cash ISAs or Lifetime ISAs or other ISA products not offered
- Limited product detail and information on website
- Minimum investment £50 per month is required
- Only for UK residents aged 18 or over
Website: Charles Stanley