Formed in 1859, Chorley Building Society provides trusted mortgages and savings accounts with a bespoke, tailored and personal service. The building society has no shareholders to serve and is not listed on the stock exchange. All its profits go back into the Society to benefit members.
Chorley Cash ISA
The Chorley Cash ISA is a savings account where all of the interest earned is tax free and doesn’t form part of your Personal Savings Allowance. The ISA allowance for the 2020/2021 tax year is £20,000 and the minimum deposit is just £1. Money can be withdrawn at any time from this ISA although a fee of £25 will be charged. This product is available to UK residents over the age of 16 only. Its variable interest rate is 0.30% AER.
Junior Cash ISA
The Chorley Junior Cash ISA is wholly tax-free account whereby money invested is sheltered from capital gains and income tax, making it an attractive, tax-efficient product. Money is safely locked away until the child turns 18, at which point the ISA transfers to an adult ISA and becomes fully accessible to the child. You can invest up to £9,000 each tax year.
Chorley Building Society Reviews and Ratings
At the time of writing there is only one online review for Chorley Building Society. This customer was very happy with the level of customer service that he got and the personal touch that the staff gave.
Facebook – 5/5 (based on 1 review)
- 14 day cooling off period
- A bespoke, tailored and personal service
- Profits go back to members
- Minimum deposit is just £1
- Fast easy online setup
- Excellent customer review
- Cash ISAs only
- Stocks and Shares, Lifetime or other ISAs not offered
- £25 fee to withdraw money
- A basic website with limited downloadable help, guides and content
- ISA only available to UK residents over the age of 16
- A lack of customer reviews and product feedback
Website: Chorley Building Society