The Coventry Building Society is based in Coventry, England and is the second largest in the United Kingdom with total assets of more than £49 billion. It specialises in simple and transparent savings and mortgages.
Coventry Building Society offer several Cash and Junior ISAs including:
Easy Access ISA
The Easy Access ISA is a flexible Cash ISA with no withdrawal restrictions where you can earn a variable interest rate of 0.40% tax-free AER. Previous years’ transfers are allowed. You can save from £1 up to £20,000 this tax year.
Poppy Fixed ISA
The Poppy Fixed ISA is a competitive account which supports The Royal British Legion. It offers a fixed interest rate of 0.85% tax-free AER and is designed for savers who don’t need access to their tax-free savings until 30 November 2023.
Additional Allowance ISA
The Additional Allowance ISA is only for savers whose deceased husband, wife or civil partner has held ISA savings with Coventry Building Society. It offers a variable interest rate of 0.45% tax-free AER.
Junior Cash ISA
The Junior Cash ISA is a tax-free interest account whereby you can build up your child’s tax-free savings in the longer-term; from £1 up to £9,000 this tax year. It is a no-access cash ISA that yields a variable interest rate of 2.95% tax-free AER. Money from this account cannot be accessed until the child has turned 18.
As well as ISAs, Coventry Building Society also offer mortgages and savings.
Coventry Building Society Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Coventry Building Society are generally quite poor with users complaining about the difficult onboarding processes, the complex application system and shoddy customer service levels. Many others, however, have reported positive experiences with helpful staff, thorough safeguarding and great savings rates.
Trustpilot – 2.2/5 (based on 305 reviews)
- The second largest building society in the United Kingdom
- Award-winning: Gold Ribbon Customer Experience, Moneyfacts Awards, Best Building Society for Savings
- A plain-English, easy to understand website
- Simple and transparent product offerings
- A range of variable and fixed rate Cash ISAs to choose from
- Fast easy online setup
- Partners of The Royal British Legion with certain ISAs supporting the charity
- Cash ISA products only
- Stocks and Shares, Lifetime or other ISA offerings not available
- Many negative customer reviews
- Complaints of difficult onboarding processes and a complex application system
- Customer concerns about financial safeguarding and security
Website: Coventry Building Society