Darlington Building Society is an independent building society that has recently celebrated its 160th anniversary. It is passionate about sharing knowledge, expertise and physical and online resources for mutual benefit, to make a genuine difference to the communities it serves.
Cash ISA Variable
A Darlington Building Society Cash ISA can be opened with as little as £1. You can pay in up to the current annual ISA subscription limit of £20,000 in the tax year. With this ISA you’ll get instant access to your savings with a variable interest rate of 0.35% AER. This is a flexible ISA so you can withdraw funds from your account and replace them without it counting towards your annual allowance, so long as you replace the funds in the same tax year. You can make withdrawals at any branch and you do not have to give notice to withdrawal money and you will not lose any interest. To apply you must be a UK resident aged 16 and over.
Junior Cash ISA
Darlington Building Society’s Junior Cash ISA is a tax-free savings account for young people, allowing you and your family or friends to save tax-free and build up a valuable nest egg on behalf of a child. The minimum amount required to open the account is just £1. The interest rate is 2.50% AER. It is a tax-free account so interest payable is exempt from income tax. Only the named child can make withdrawals from the account and not until they are 18.
As well as ISAs, Darlington Building Society also offers alternative savings funds, mortgages and home insurance, as well as independent financial advice.
Darlington Building Society Reviews and Ratings
There are currently no online reviews for Darlington Building Society.
- A long-standing, reputable Building Society over 160 years old
- View your accounts and request transfers quickly and easily online
- Helpful online library of support documents and user guides
- A clear, easy-to-understand website
- Open an account with as little as £1
- Award-winning: British Bank Awards 2020
- Fast easy online setup
- Cash ISA products only
- Stocks and Shares, Lifetime or other ISA offerings not available
- To apply you must be a UK resident aged 16 and over
- No online reviews or product feedback
Website: Darlington Building Society