Founded in 1986 and located in London, Downing is a privately owned company that offers investment opportunities to its clients, including funds in renewable energy, care homes, health clubs and children’s nurseries. Today over 25,000 investors trust Downing with over £1 billion of their assets.
The Downing AIM ISA
The Downing AIM ISA combines ISA tax benefits with full IHT relief after two years by investing in a concentrated portfolio of at least 25 AIM-quoted companies that carry on an IHT-qualifying trade. The company focuses on companies that have a market capitalisation below £150 million, otherwise known as ‘micro-cap’ companies. The approach is to take strategic, long term investment positions (holdings of 5% and higher). You will pay no further tax on any income earned or any gains when you sell your investments. The ISA allowance each year is £20,000.
Downing operates across three successful divisions: mixed use development, property management and construction, which in turn sees investment opportunities in innovative technology, healthcare companies and pioneering founders across the globe.
Downing Reviews and Ratings
There are currently no online reviews for Downing.
- Downside Protection Cover included as standard if you’re under the age of 90
- Optional Life Cover covers 40% of your original gross investment if you die within the first two years
- Investment opportunities include funds in renewable energy, care homes, health clubs and children’s nurseries
- Focus on ‘micro-cap’ companies
- Fast easy online setup
- Investment ISA products only
- Cash, Lifetime or other ISA offerings not available
- A fairly basic website
- Limited downloadable help guides, tools or resources
- No online reviews or product feedback from customers