The Ecology Building Society was established in 1981 by members who wanted to start a building society to help finance environmental building renovations and support sustainable development. It is dedicated to building a greener society by providing mortgages for properties and projects that respect the environment and support sustainable communities, funded through our range of simple, transparent savings accounts.
Ecology Cash ISA
Ecology’s Cash ISA is a tax efficient way to save as all ISA interest is paid tax-free, which means it’s exempt from income tax and no tax is deducted. All of the interest earned is tax free and doesn’t form part of your Personal Savings Allowance. You can access your money anytime you want to. The minimum amount to open an Ecology Cash ISA is £25, the maximum ISA allowance is £20,000 for the 2020/2021 tax year. You will receive a variable interest rate of 0.45% AER.
As well as ISA, Ecology Building Society also offer a variety of savings accounts and community and commercial mortgages.
Ecology Building Society Reviews and Ratings
There are only a handful of Facebook reviews for Ecology Building Society, but these are all very positive. Customers are happy with the company’s innovative ideas, great service and friendly, caring staff. People like that the issues that are important to them are fully supported.
Facebook – 5/5 (based on 9 reviews)
- Established in 1981 as an eco-friendly building society
- Helps finance environmental building renovations and supports sustainable development
- Online Ecology Hub for green news
- Specialist Ecology Cash ISA
- A good range of simple, transparent savings accounts
- Fast easy online account setup
- A decent library of online help information
- Clear, easy to understand product information on the website
- Excellent online reviews
- Cash ISA products only
- Stocks and Shares, Lifetime or other ISA offerings not available
- Minimum balance of £25 (most ISAs are £1 minimum)
- Only a small number of online reviews available
Website: Ecology Building Society