Freetrade is an award-winning, commission-free investing app. It aims to get everyone investing by making it simple and commission-free, with a stockbroker you can trust. It is an independent, privately-owned startup company. In 2019, venture capital firm Draper Esprit completed a Series A investment in Freetrade.
Stocks and Shares ISA
With Freetrade’s Stocks and Shares ISA you can invest up to £20,000 this year and pay no Income or Capital Gains Tax on returns. This has the potential for higher returns than a Cash ISA over the long term. Choose from thousands of UK and US stocks, ETFs and investment trusts; your stocks and shares ISA has a flat fee of only £3/month, and buying and selling shares is commission-free forever. You can invest from as little as £2, and Freetrade’s award-winning app lets you access and manage your portfolio from anywhere.
As well as ISAs, Freetrade also offer related financial products such as SIPPs and GIAs.
Freetrade Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Freetrade are very good with users praising the ease, simplicity and speed of their investment app, which is easy to navigate and is especially good for first time investors who have not invested before. However, other customers have not been as complementary, complaining about the system being glitchy, the customer service terrible, with their money stuck in limbo.
- Invest from as little as £2
- Choose from thousands of UK and US stocks, ETFs and investment trusts
- A simple, transparent freemium pricing model
- No transfer or exit fees
- Award-winning app lets you access and manage your portfolio from anywhere
- £3/month low, flat fee that doesn’t grow with the size of your investments
- Buying and selling shares is commission-free forever
- Award-winning: Best Online Trading Platform 2020
- Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- A member of the London Stock Exchange
- Fast easy online setup
- A relative newcomer to the market
- Stocks and Shares ISA products only
- Cash ISAs, Lifetime ISAs and other ISA products not offered
- Online only, app driven – no physical offices
- Some complaints of the system being glitchy
- A less traditional customer service model as this business is online only