Founded in 1981 and based in Bristol, Hargreaves Lansdown is a FTSE 100 company with over £105bn under administration for over 1.27 million clients. It is one of the UK’s leading savings and investment platforms.
Stocks and Shares ISA
Hargreaves Lansdown’s Stocks and Share ISA allows you to invest up to £20,000 which is sheltered from UK income tax and capital gains tax. You can start your ISA from £100 or £25 per month and choose from over 2,500 funds, shares, investment trusts and more to build your portfolio. Alternatively, you can let Hargreaves Lansdown build a portfolio for you if you let them know your goals and risk appetite. The minimum investment for this option is £1,000.
As well as ISAs, Hargreaves Lansdown also offers Stocks and Shares, SIPPs, Active Savings Accounts, Children’s Accounts, Financial Advice and various Retirement Services.
Hargreaves Lansdown Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Hargreaves Lansdown are fairly good with customers enjoying the app’s user experience and trading platform. The company’s customer service is deemed to be very helpful and efficient, and the process of setting up investments is easy and straightforward.
- Check your investments 24/7, online or via the company’s award-winning app
- Freedom to invest almost anywhere you like
- Choose from over 2,500 funds, shares, investment trusts and more to build your portfolio
- Satisfaction guarantee; return of account fees if unhappy
- Award-winning: Your Money, Good Money Guide, Feefo Gold Trusted Service
- Positive customer feedback and decent online reviews
- Quick and easy to signup online
- Stocks and Shares ISAs only
- Lifetime ISAs, Cash ISA and other ISA products not offered
- Annual 0.45% account fee
- Some complaints that the company takes too much commission compared to other platforms
- Many customers find the app to be clumsy with a poor UX
- There have been reports that the live prices on some shares are wrong on a regular basis
- Some people have experienced poor service with staff not answering the phone and being unable to withdraw funds successfully
- A large and fairly overwhelming website
Website: Hargreaves Lansdown