Founded in 1974, IG is an award-winning, multi-platform trading company that is committed to providing transparent, low-cost investing. The company offers both share dealing and a range of ready-made portfolios.
Stocks and Shares ISA
IG’s Stocks and Share ISA is a ‘wrapper’ which allows you to invest and save with favourable tax status. It provides you with the ability to diversify your portfolio across a wide range of investments such as equities, fixed interest securities and collective investment schemes. You pay no further tax on any income earned or any gains when you sell your investments. The ISA allowance each year is £20,000. This product is available via a share dealing account or a ready-made IG Smart Portfolio.
As well as ISAs, IG also offers a range of share dealings, smart portfolios and ETFs.
IG Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for IG are good, with customers happy with the trading experience and customer support and advice given, and have praised the platform as being easy to use, convenient and affordable. Some users, on the other hand, have not been impressed with the back-end administration of the site and have noted some frustrations dealing with staff.
- Full transparency: total cost of ownership (TCO) shown before you invest
- Top-of-the-range platforms are powerful, intuitive and offer full visibility on pricing and performance
- Choose either a share dealing account or a ready-made IG Smart Portfolio
- Invest in over 10,000 shares, funds and investment trust
- Free set-up, with free transfers for electronic shares
- Zero commission on US shares, and just £3 on UK shares
- Some decent customer reviews and positive feedback
- Fast easy online setup
- A 24-hour helpdesk
- Award-winning: Online Personal Wealth Awards 2020
- Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Stocks and Shares ISAs only
- Cash ISAs, Junior ISAs, Lifetime ISAs and other ISA products not available
- Some frustrations with customer experience
- £96 annual administration fee