Based in Manchester and with offices in Leeds, London and Dundee, Interactive Investor employs more than 500 people. The company is the UK’s number one flat-fee investment platform, with over £30 billion of assets under administration and over 350,000 customers.
Stocks and Shares ISA
Interactive Investor’s Stocks and Shares ISA is a tax-free savings account that lets you choose where your money is invested, with access to more than 40,000 UK and global investment options. You can invest up to £20,000 a year and you must be over 18 and a UK resident to qualify.
There are several ready-made portfolios and fund recommendations available to choose from:
Six low-cost funds selected by the company’s experts. A simple way to get started.
ii Super 60
A range of quality options for your portfolio, selected by impartial experts.
ii ACE 40
The UK’s first rated list of ethical investments to help you align investments with your personal values.
Junior Stocks and Shares ISA (JISA)
Interactive Investor’s Junior Stocks and Shares ISA is a tax-efficient, long-term savings account for under 18s. It has the same tax benefits as a standard ISA, meaning you will not pay tax on capital gains or most dividends. JISAs can be opened only by the child’s parent or guardian, but anyone can pay into it after that. The money in the JISA belongs to the child, but they cannot access the funds until they turn 18, at which point the JISA will be converted into a standard ISA. The JISA allowance for this tax year is £9,000; you can access a full range of investment options, including shares, funds, bonds, trusts and ETFs.
As well as ISAs, Interactive Investor also offer Stocks, Shares and SIPPs.
Interactive Investor Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Interactive Investor are very good, particularly on Trust Pilot which has a stream of very positive comments. In particular, customers praise the personal service that Interactive Investor offer, the helpful, knowledgeable staff and easy to use platform.
- Access to more than 40,000 UK and global investment options
- Ready-made portfolios and fund recommendations available
- Flat rate fees which covers you for multiple accounts
- No trading fees
- One free trade per month: get back £7.99 credit every month to buy or sell any investment
- Free to top up your ISA each month
- Access award-winning news and analysis from a team of financial experts
- Award-winning: Best ISA Provider at the 2019 City of London Wealth Management Awards
- £100 cash back if you switch ISAs
- Positive customer feedback and user experiences
- Online free signup
- Cash ISAs, Lifetime ISAs and other ISA products not offered
- Some complaints of slow email response time
- Some misinformation about the ability to set up corporate accounts
- Some Euro balance discrepancies with trading accounts
- Offices and telephones not open on weekends
Website: Interactive Investor