As one of the first SIPP providers in the UK, James Hay has over 40 years’ experience in pension and investment savings, trusted by over 58,000 investors, holding over £26 billion assets. The company is based in Salisbury.
James Hay’s Modular iSIPP, also called a defined-contribution pension, is a type of pension that offers greater control and flexibility over where you invest. The money you can take out of your pension is based on the amount you have put in though contributions over your working life and any investment growth on that money. You could, for example, invest directly in a commercial property such as a shop, office, warehouse or farm. The SIPP is a registered pension scheme registered with HMRC and your investments can grow free from capital gains tax and UK income tax. The SIPP lets you benefit from up to 45% tax relief.
As well as SIPPs, James Hay also offer a range of related financial services including Modular iPlans, SSAS, ISAs, GIAs, Wraps and investment opportunities.
James Hay Reviews and Ratings
Trust Pilot – 3.2/5 (based on 1 review)
To date there is only one online review for James Hay and it is not so complementary as the reviewer dislikes the high service fees and poor customer service.
- Manage your plan online 24/7
- Online tools to help manage and monitor your investments all in one place
- The Modular iSIPP can evolve with you, allowing you to adapt your plan to any changes in your circumstances
- A wide choice of investment funds
- Online Investment Centre gives access to funds, offering discounted fund charges and lower minimum investment entry levels
- Useful downloadable guides
- A clear, well laid-out website
- A range of tax advantages
- ISO27001 certification
- Award-winning: AKG Actuaries & Consultants and FinalytiQ awards
- Poor customer service
- High service fees
- No real reviews or customer feedback
- Financial advice not given by James Hay
- As of 20 October 2020, the company will only accept new SIPP applications through a financial adviser
Website: James Hay