Founded in 1836, Legal & General is one of Europe’s largest insurance and asset management groups, with over £1 trillion in assets, as well as being the UK’s largest provider of individual life assurance products. The company has helped over 10 million people globally with saving, investing, building retirement income and insuring.
Stocks and Shares ISA
Legal & General’s Stocks and Shares ISA is a tax-efficient way to save up to £20,000 for the 2020/2021 tax year. You can invest in an ISA from £20 a month or a lump sum of £100 or more, with a variety of investments to choose from. Choose from a range of over 50 individual funds, or alternatively, select one of the company’s ready-made funds, depending on your level of risk.
Legal & General Reviews & Ratings
Online reviews for Legal & General are fairly good, with users stating that the company is very quick, easy and efficient to do business with fast, helpful customer service. Others, however, have been much less complementary, complaining about a lack of customer service, slow response times and the frustration of waiting for a long time on the phone and having to listen to extensive recorded messages. Many have complained of being overcharged or that their premiums have since doubled.
- A well-established company with a rich history
- Invest in an ISA from only £20 a month
- Choose from a range of over 50 individual funds
- Or select one of the company’s ready-made funds
- Easy access online account
- No transfer fees switching ISAs
- No entry or exit fees
- Online account management area for quick access to customer history
- A good range of products and related services
- Member of the Equity Release Council
- Stocks and Shares ISA only
- Cash ISAs, Lifetime ISAs and other ISA products not offered
- Many negative reviews
- Reports of poor customer service
- Occasional lack of transparency regarding the premiums and rising costs
Website: Legal & General