With a rich 75 year history, LV is an award-winning mutual protection, savings and retirement provider, working with a wide range of financial companies to offer independent, regulated financial advice to its customers. The company has over 1.28million customers who enjoy life insurance, income protection, investments and retirement income solutions such as equity release, fixed term annuities and drawdown products.
Stocks and Shares ISA
The LV= Stocks and Shares ISA is a tax-efficient way of saving as there is no capital gains tax (CGT) on growth and no tax on income or interest within an ISA. It offers the choice of three global multi-asset funds; ISA Cautious, ISA Balanced or ISA Growth, managed by Columbia Threadneedle Investments.
All funds are risk-rated by leading market analysts, Defaqto and Distribution Technology. The minimum investment in a lump sum is £10,000, the maximum allowance each year is £20,000. To qualify you must be a UK resident aged 18 and over; the maximum age is 84 years old.
LV offers a range of financial and related services including home, car, pet and travel insurance, bonds, SIPPs, income protection and investment opportunities.
LV Reviews and Ratings
There are a huge number of online reviews on Trust Pilot for LV=, which in the main are excellent with users praising the easy-to-use website, its competitive pricing, speed of response and straightforward processes. Customer enjoy the simple process and competitive prices, as well as the excellent, straightforward service that is given.
- A company with longevity and a rich 175 year history
- Excellent online customer reviews
- Access to a selected range of leading investment managers
- A large range of blended investment solutions to choose from
- All funds are risk-rated by leading market analysts, Defaqto and Distribution Technology
- Member benefits, such as discounts on other products
- Moneyfacts 5 Star Rating and Defaqto Gold Certification
- A clear, well laid-out website
- Useful adviser hub with access to online resources and valuation tools
- A wealth of downloadable supporting literature
- Fast, simple on-boarding process
- Stocks and Shares ISAs only
- Cash ISAs, Lifetime ISAs and other ISA products not offered
- Some instances of poor customer service from several unhappy clients
- A very large website with a lot of overwhelming information
- Difficult to navigate through all the online content
- At least £3,000 must be in LV= Core funds before taking other investment options
- £25 administration fee for each additional fund switch
- A large minimum investment £10,000