Founded in 1914 in Belfast, the Progressive Building Society offers mortgages and savings solutions for its members. The Society operates 12 branches across Northern Ireland. In 2014 it merged with the City of Derry Building Society.
Progressive Building Society offer a range of Cash ISAs which are suitable if you want instant access to your money without affecting your ISA allowance or if you want to save regularly with instant or limited access to your funds. The different products include:
With this ISA you can invest from £10 up to the maximum ISA allowance of £20,000 tax-free. It offers a variable rate of interest between 0.25% and 0.50% AER tax-free, depending on the different tier levels of investment. Since this is an instant access account you can make withdrawals anytime: up to £500 in cash in a branch and £250 in cash in an agency. To apply you must be a resident in the UK aged 16 years and over.
Cash ISA Saver
With the Cash ISA Saver you can invest from £1,000 up to the maximum ISA allowance of £20,000 tax-free. It offers a variable rate of interest of 0.45% AER tax-free. It is an instant access account that lets you withdrawal money twice per tax year without loss of interest. To apply you must be a resident in the UK aged 16 years and over.
Cash Junior ISA
With this Junior ISA you can invest from £1 up to the maximum ISA allowance of £9,000 tax-free, making it a great way of saving for your child’s future. Family and friends can subscribe and pay into this ISA as well. However, no withdrawals are permitted before the child turns 18 years of age. It offers a variable rate of interest of 1.50% AER tax-free.
Progressive Building Society offers a range of mortgage and savings solutions for its members.
Progressive Building Society Reviews and Ratings
There are currently no online reviews for Progressive Building Society.
- Long-established and reputable since 1914
- A large choice of Cash ISA products
- Junior versions of the ISA available
- Clear, easy to understand product information
- Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Fast easy online signup
- Cash ISAs only
- Stocks and Shares, Lifetime ISAs or other ISA products not offered
- A lack of online help tools or downloadable content
- No online product reviews or customer feedback
- To apply you must be a resident in the UK aged 16 years and over
Website: Progressive Building Society