Established in 1861, Royal London is the UK’s largest mutual life and pensions company with Group funds under management of £100 billion, providing around 9 million policies and employing 3,253 people. The company specialises in insurance, pension, retirement and funeral products.
RLUM Stocks and Shares ISA
The RLUM Stocks and Shares ISA supports medium and long-term savings and investments, which may be beneficial if you plan to subscribe most or all of your ISA allowance each year and are planning to invest over a number of years.
It lets you invest money which will grow tax-free, with no income tax or capital gains tax (CGT) to pay on any income or profits from your ISA investments. Specifically it looks to invest in shares in a mix of high quality global companies like Johnson & Johnson and Ebay. The maximum allocation into this account is £20,000 per tax year.
Royal London offers a large range of insurance, pension, investment, retirement and funeral products.
Royal London Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Royal London are fairly good with many customers very happy with the company’s easy, online process with well-explained policies and an excellent, professional service. Products are quick and easy to set up. There have been some complaints, however, about the company’s poor customer service which has left many customer unhappy.
- A long-established, popular brand
- The UK’s largest pensions company
- A large range of investment opportunities
- Fast easy online setup
- Tax relief efficiencies
- Invest in both non-insured assets as well as insured assets
- Fast, direct access to a team of experts
- Award-winning: Money Marketing Awards, Financial Adviser Service Awards and Company of the Year
- Stocks and Shares ISA only
- Cash ISAs, Lifetime ISAs or other ISA products not offered
- A large fairly overwhelming website difficult to navigate and understand
- Complex product details and information
- Some complaints about marketing harassment and customers being pestered
- Some customer service complaints
- Phone lines not open on weekends
Website: Royal London