Scotland’s only independent building society started life in 1848 as the Edinburgh Property Investment Company. Today it offers a range of savings and mortgage products designed to allow its members to save for the future and realise the dream of home ownership.
Loyalty Cash ISA
Scottish Building Society’s Cash ISA is a tax efficient way to save as all ISA interest is paid tax-free, which means it’s exempt from income tax and no tax is deducted. You will receive a variable interest rate of 0.60% AER tax-free. You can open an account with a minimum of £1, the maximum ISA allowance is £20,000 for the 2020/2021 tax year. You can make withdrawals in branch or by post without notice, penalty or charges. Any withdrawals you make will not alter the tax-free status of your account. This product is available for UK residents aged 16 or over.
As well as ISAs, Scottish Building Society also offers fixed rate bonds, member bonds, mortgages and savings accounts.
Scottish Building Society Reviews and Ratings
There are currently no online reviews for Scottish Building Society.
- Transfers-in from both Cash and Stocks and Shares ISAs allowed
- Minimum amount just £1
- Access money any time without penalties
- Variable interest rate of 0.60% AER tax-free
- Protected up to a total of £85,000 by the FSCS
- Award-winning: Scottish Mortgage Awards 2020
- Available for UK residents aged 16 or over only
- Cash ISAs only
- Stocks and Shares, Lifetime ISAs or other ISA products not offered
- No online reviews or product feedback available
- Limited product information available on company’s website
Website: Scottish Building Society