For over 200 years Standard Life has been offering a range of products to help people save for the future. By the 1990s the company had become Europe’s biggest mutual company. Its products and services help 4.5 million people to plan and manage their savings.
Stocks and Shares ISA
A Standard Life Stocks and Shares ISA is a tax-efficient plan that helps you save for your future over the medium to long-term. Watch the value of your investment grow, free from income and capital gains tax. With this ISA you can invest in funds, shares or bonds without paying any capital gains tax on profits or tax on dividend income.
You can start investing with as little as £50 a month, or a £500 lump sum, up to a maximum of £20,000 each tax year. Choose either the ‘Easy’ option whereby your money is invested into a MyFolio Index fund, or the ‘DIY’ option where you choose and manage your funds from a selection of thousands.
This ISA has a fund charge of 0.20% and a platform charge of 0.55% AER. It is free to transfer in other ISAs.
Standard Life offer a range of financial services and investment products including Bonds, Portfolio Funds, Pensions, Estate Planning and more.
Standard Life Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Standard Life are very bad with users complaining that the company is difficult to deal with and hard to get in touch with, customers treated poorly and customer service being appalling. One reviewer even called them ‘shameful and fraudulent’.
Trustpilot – 1.8/5 (based on 136 reviews)
Online reviews for Standard Life are very poor with customers unhappy at the bad customer service levels, slow response times and unhelpful staff.
- A well-known, trusted brand for the past 200 years
- Leading fund managers can negotiate better deals on investments
- Fast easy online setup
- Access to a Personal Portfolio
- Choose to manage investments yourself or else have Standard Life’s experts do it
- Free to transfer in other ISAs
- Online mobile-optimised dashboard
- Handy online pension calculator and support tools
- Award-winning products and services
- Minimum investment of £50 a month
- A fund charge of 0.20% and a platform charge of 0.55%
- Other ISA products not offered
- Very bad customer reviews and feedback
- Slow to resolve claims and queries
- A large website but with information that is overwhelming and difficult to understand
- Product information quite confusing
Website: Standard Life