Please note The House Crowd has ceased operation. Therefore the information below is for historic reference only.
Founded in 2012 and based in Cheshire, The House Crowd is a UK peer-to-peer lending and crowdfunding platform that allows people to invest in bridging loans and property development loans. To date, its members have collectively invested more than £122 million through its crowdfunding platform.
Innovative Finance ISA
The House Crowd’s Innovative Finance ISA lets you automatically build a diverse portfolio of property secured, peer-to-peer loans. You can invest up to £20,000 and earn 5% to 7% p.a. tax-free. You can choose the level of risk you are comfortable with by choosing to invest in the Auto-Invest Cautious (5% return), Balanced (6% return), or Bold (7% return) products.
The company’s experts will automatically diversify your investment across a portfolio of secured peer to peer bridging loans to save you the hassle of managing an investment portfolio whilst allowing you to enjoy the attractive returns and tax benefits offered by an ISA. To apply you must be a UK resident aged 18 or over.
The House Crowd is a UK peer-to-peer lending and crowdfunding platform that allows people to invest in bridging loans and property development loans.
The House Crowd Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for The House Crowd are fairly average with many customers reporting very bad customer service and poor customer support. Others, however, have enjoyed their investment opportunities, happy that the company is quick in maintaining communication with investors and that the products are explained in readable, easy to understand terms.
- Earn 5% to 7% p.a. tax-free
- Choose the level of risk you are comfortable with by choosing to invest in the Auto-Invest Cautious, Balanced, or Bold products
- Free transfer-in of other ISAs
- Clear, easy to understand information on website
- A decent selection of supporting resources including videos, podcasts and other helpful literature
- Fast easy online setup
- Authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Award-winning: Best UK peer to peer lending platform
- Innovative Finance ISAs only
- Stocks and Shares, Lifetime ISAs or other ISA products not offered
- Some negative reviews
- Some instance of bad customer service and poor customer support
- Only applicable for UK residents aged 18 or over
Website: The House Crowd