UBL UK was formed in 2001 from the merger of the UK branches of two Pakistani banks, United Bank Limited and National Bank of Pakistan, who had been operating in the UK since the mid-1960’s. It aims to provide retail banking products such as wholesale banking, treasury and money transmission services, and finance facilities to businesses of all sizes.
Fixed Rate Cash ISA
UBL Fixed Rate Cash ISA is a tax-efficient savings account that provides higher growth potential over fixed terms of 1, 2, 3 or 5 years. You can utilise your current year’s subscription or transfer an ISA from your existing provider. The minimum balance requirement is £2,000, up to maximum annual allocation of £20,000. This ISA is ideal if you want to save a lump sum for a specific date in the future in a tax efficient manner, and you are comfortable not needing access this money before the end of the term. The fixed interest rates you’ll receive are: 1 Year (0.48%), 2 years (0.71%), 3 Years (0.81%) and 5 years (1.15%). To be eligible for this ISA you must be aged 18 or over and a resident in the UK for tax purposes.
The company offers banking services such as wholesale banking, treasury and money transmission services, and finance facilities such as savings accounts and home finance to businesses of all sizes.
UBL Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for UBL are poor with customers unhappy with the bad customer service they have received, poor complaints management, transactions being declined and money blocked, as well as incorrect balances being displayed on customer internet portals.
Trustpilot – 1.9/5 (based on 119 reviews)
- Specialist Fixed Rate Cash ISA product
- Fast easy online setup
- Transfers-in accepted
- A clear, straightforward website with a useful online FAQs section
- FSCS protected
- Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Fixed Rate Cash ISAs only
- Stocks and Shares, Lifetime ISAs and other ISA products not offered
- Minimum balance requirement is £2,000
- Limited product detail available on website
- Poor customer reviews
- Some instances of transactions being declined and money blocked, as well as incorrect balances being displayed on customer internet portals
- To apply you must be aged 18 or over and a resident in the UK