Ulster Bank is a large retail bank; one of the traditional Big Four Irish clearing banks. It offers an extensive range of personal banking products include bank accounts, mortgages, credit cards, loans and more.
Ulster Bank’s Cash ISA is an instant access, tax-free savings account. It allows you to invest up to £20,000 per year in a tax-efficient way. You may make unlimited withdrawals without fees or penalties. To open this account you must be aged 16 years or over and be resident in the UK for tax purposes. Interest is paid on a tiered basis. For a balance of under £24,999 you receive a variable interest rate of 0.0.1% AER tax-free. For a balance of over £24,999 you receive a variable interest rate of 0.10% AER tax-free.
Ulster Bank offer a range of personal banking and financial services including bank accounts, savings, credit cards, loans, overdrafts, mortgages, insurance and more.
Ulster Bank Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Ulster Bank are not too great. Customers have complained about the poor service, unhelpful staff, extortionate fees and disappointing interest rates. One user has described the bank as ‘a sad shadow of its old self’.
Trustpilot – 1.8/5 (based on 22 reviews)
- No minimum deposit
- Fast easy online setup
- Free transfers-in from other ISAs
- Variable interest rate offered at tiered levels
- Unlimited withdrawals without fees or penalties
- Protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- Cash ISAs only
- Stocks and Shares, Lifetime ISAs and other ISA products not offered
- Limited product details and information
- A lack of online tools and supporting literature or downloadable content
- Poor customer reviews
- To open an account you must be aged 16 years or over and be resident in the UK
Website: Ulster Bank