Established in 1975, Vanguard has helped bring investing to the masses with the creation of the index fund, which don’t pick individual shares or bonds to beat the market, but rather they track the performance of the entire market. 30 million investors worldwide now trust Vanguard with their money. The company opened its UK office in 2009.
Stocks and Shares ISA
Vanguard’s Stocks and Shares ISA is an account that lets you invest free from capital gains and income tax. By saving on tax more of your money stays in your pocket. You get to pick which Vanguard funds go in your Stocks and Shares ISA with access to hundreds or thousands of bonds or shares in one package.
If you can’t decide which funds to invest in then you can simply add cash to your Stocks and Shares ISA for now and pick your funds later. You can invest from as little as £100 per month or add a lump sum from £500, up to the maximum allocation of £20,000 per year. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and a UK resident.
Vanguard’s Junior Stocks and Shares ISA is a tax-efficient account that lets you invest for your child’s future. Any returns are free from income tax and capital gains tax. If you’re a parent or legal guardian you can set up a Junior ISA account in your child’s name. Friends and family can gift money as well.
When your child turns 18, they’ll get full access to the account; it is not possible to withdraw money before then. Choose from over 75 individual funds – including ETFs, active funds and index funds. You can invest from as little as £100 per month or add a lump sum from £500, up to the maximum allocation of £9,000 per year.
Vanguard offer a range of financial services including personal pensions, retirement funds, ETFs and more.
Vanguard Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Vanguard are excellent, with many customers happy with the company’s professional customer service levels, as well as the easy-to-use investment platform, making them feel at ease and informed throughout each step of the process.
Trustpilot – 4.8/5 (based on 644 reviews)
- 40 years experience with 30 million investors worldwide
- Many positive customer reviews, excellent customer service
- Commitment to keeping costs low
- Over 75 funds to invest in, including ETFs, active funds and index funds
- Choose a ready-made portfolio or build your own
- Transfer-in existing ISAs
- Low account fee, only 0.15% per year
- No charge to switch holdings, deal, make payments or exit
- Helpful website with useful downloadable content and clear information
- Manage your account from any device, 24/7
- Stocks and Shares ISAs only
- Cash ISAs, Lifetime ISAs or other ISA products not offered
- Some complaints that the investment platform is unintuitive to use
- A large website that is sometimes overwhelming with lots of information
- £100 investment per month is required
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and a UK resident