Founded in Birmingham in 1841, Wesleyan offers tailored financial advice and products to select professional groups, notably GPs, hospital doctors, dentists, teachers and lawyers and a range of commercial financial products for the organisations in which they are employed.
With Profits ISA
Wesleyan’s With Profits ISA is a stocks and shares ISA whereby your investments are free from capital gains and income tax. You can open this account by investing £1,000, up to the maximum allocation of £20,000 per year, tax-free. It allows you to share in Wesleyan’s profits through the With Profits ISA Fund, which aims to provide capital growth over a medium to long-term period, investing in UK and international shares, government and corporate debt, property, cash and other financial investments. Applicants must be a UK resident aged between 18 and 74. This product has an Annual Management Charge (AMC) of 1.2%, rising to 1.7% if you opt in to the Ongoing Advice Service (OAS).
Wesleyan offers a range of financial services specifically designed for GPs, hospital doctors, dentists, teachers and lawyers, including investments, savings, pensions, insurance, protection and mortgages.
Wesleyan Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Wesleyan as excellent as customers praise the helpful, friendly staff who are excellent at understanding customers’ goals and leading through the steps needed to achieve them. The company is reliable, accessible and very professional. It is noted that there are a few examples of negative feedback as well though; phones not being answered and customer service levels not as desired, although these comments are in the minority.
Trustpilot – 4.8/5 (based on 594 reviews)
- Specialist service for GPs, hospital doctors, dentists, teachers and lawyers
- Share in Wesleyan’s profits through the With Profits ISA Fund
- Manage your account online
- Fast easy online setup
- A mutual company with no shareholders to pay
- Tailored financial advice
- Excellent customer feedback
- Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Other ISA products not Stocks and Shares ISAs only
- Cash ISAs, Lifetime ISAs and other ISA products not offered
- Limited product information and detail online
- A lack of online tools and supporting collateral
- Annual Management Charge (AMC) of 1.2%
- Some instances of long telephone waiting times and poor customer service