Aviva is a composite insurer made up of separate businesses that offer a large range of insurance and savings products from car, home and health insurance to pensions and investments. Aviva is the UK’s largest insurance company with over 15 million customers. Previously Aviva was known as Norwich Union but rebranded in 2009. Aviva has partnered with Wealthify to offer ISA investment opportunities.
Aviva Stocks & Shares ISA
With an ISA allowance of £20,000 for 2020/21, the Aviva Stocks & Shares ISA invests your money for the medium to long term. Instead of a set interest rate each year, you invest your money in the stock market by picking from a range of funds.
You can pick from growth and income ready-made funds or select funds yourself from the full range available. Start with a lump sum of £500 or pay in as little as £50 a month. You can manage and track your ISA with Aviva’s online investment service. This ISA is flexible to make quick investment changes, or to withdraw money at any time.
It is exempt from Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Aviva charge up to 0.40% of the value of your investments.
Wealthify’s Junior Stocks & Shares ISA
Wealthify’s Junior Stocks & Shares ISA is a simple way to plan for your child’s financial future even if you have no investment experience. Money invested could be used to pay for future university fees, their first car or starting on the property ladder.
Start with a lump sum or from as little as just £1. The investment limit is £9,000 for the 2020/21 tax year. This ISA is a highly tax-efficient way to put money away for your loved ones as you’ll pay no income or capital gains tax on any returns you earn. Your child gets access to the money as soon as they turn 18.
Aviva specialises in insurance, with a range of products including motor insurance, life insurance, health insurance and home insurance. The company offers investment products such as investment accounts, equity release, stocks, shares and SIPPs.
Aviva Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Aviva from Trust Pilot are quite mixed. Many users have commented about the poor customer service levels, bad communication and lengthy waiting times throughout the administrative process. Some reviewers have noted a lack of competitiveness in the company’s pricing. Reviewers on Feefo have given much better scores however, pleased with the ease and responsiveness of the company’s website as well as a helpful, friendly customer service experience.
- Credible market-leading insurance company
- Partnered with Wealthify: experts to help manage investment choices
- Good online resource and downloadable information packs
- Manage and track your ISA with our online investment service.
- Aviva’s Financial Advisors rated 4.6/5 in a 2019 survey
- Discount on fees over £20,000 investment
- Defaqto 5 Star Rating
- Award-winning: Boring Money 2019 / Personal Finance Awards ‘Best JISA’
- Online free signup
- 0.40% of the value of your investments
- Only Stocks & Shares ISA offered
- Other Cash ISAs, Lifetime ISAs or Innovative Finance ISA not available
- Some poor reviews and bad customer experiences
- Complaints very slow to be resolved
- A large, fairly overwhelming website