Established in 1861, Royal London is the UK’s largest mutual life and pensions company with Group funds under management of £100 billion, providing around 9 million policies and employing 3,253 people. The company specialises in insurance, pension, retirement and funeral products.
Royal London’s SIPP is a personal pension plan where the member has greater control over investments. Anyone can take out a SIPP providing they meet the eligibility requirements, which are based on a minimum fund size because of the higher costs involved in running a SIPP compared to a standard personal pension. The SIPP offers the ability to invest in both non-insured assets such as unit trusts and property as well as insured assets such as a trustee investment plan. Employers can contribute to the pension plan and may operate payroll deduction on the member’s behalf.
Royal London offers a large range of insurance, pension, investment, retirement and funeral products.
Royal London Reviews and Ratings
Online reviews for Royal London are good with many customers very happy with the company’s easy, online process with well-explained policies and an excellent, professional service.
- A long-established, popular brand
- The UK’s largest pensions company
- A large range of investment opportunities
- Tax relief efficiencies
- Employers can contribute to the pension plan
- Invest in both non-insured assets as well as insured assets
- Fast, direct access to a team of experts
- Award-winning: Money Marketing Awards, Financial Adviser Service Awards and Company of the Year
- A SIPP has higher costs compared to a standard personal pension
- A large fairly overwhelming website difficult to navigate and understand
- Some complaints about marketing harassment and customers being pestered
- Some customer service complaints
- Issues have been reported with draw down functionality
- Phone lines not open on weekends
Website: Royal London